Your Future Starts Here.
A penny saved is a penny earned. Saving is important for your future. At Flatwater Bank, our savings options provide the foundation for all your savings needs.
What are you saving for? Let us help find the right account for you.
A Traditional Savings Account is still a great way to meet your financial goals. The convenience, flexibility, and liquidity of this account attracts a diverse population of customers.
This account features:
- $50.00 minimum balance
- No limit on number of deposits
- Maximum of twelve withdrawals per quarter**
- Pays a great rate! Interest calculated using daily balance method, compounded and credited quarterly
- Online Banking
To sign up for a savings account, apply now or stop by the bank.
*During any quarterly period in which the average collected balance falls below $50.00, the account will be subject to a $9.00 quarterly maintenance fee. (If you are a minor the fee will only apply if your average collected balance falls below $10.00).
**An activity fee of $1.00 will be charged for each non-ATM withdrawal exceeding twelve (12) per quarter. These twelve (12) withdrawals include regular withdrawals, transfers, and electronic debits.
Round Up Savings
Every time you make a purchase with your Flatwater Bank Visa Debit Card, we'll "Round Up" your purchase amount to the next whole dollar. The amount in excess of the purchase price is transferred from your checking account to the savings account assigned as your Round-Up Savings Account*.
*Round-up amounts will accumulate for one transfer to your savings account per day. Plus, a summary of your Round-up Savings will show on your checking account statements each month.
Frontier Money Market accounts offer:
- Free online banking with state-of-the-art security — secure, anytime access to your account
- Free withdrawals (six per statement cycle) — convenient access to your cash
- *Low $50 minimum opening deposit — opening your account is hassle-free
- Low $10 monthly maintenance fee waived with $1,000 average daily collected balance — saves you money**
- Competitive interest rate that increases with higher balances
- ID theft assistance
- Consumer loan rate discount with auto debit 0.25%
- Additional premium rate on CD of +0.50%***
* Interest is accrued daily on the balance of collected funds and added to the account monthly. An activity fee of $3 will be charged for each withdrawal exceeding six (6) that are made from an account during each monthly statement period.
**For any day that the balance of collected funds in your account falls below $1,000, a $10.00 maintenance fee will be assessed for that monthly statement period.
***Excludes CD Specials
Christmas club savings
The holiday season can be an expensive time of year. With that in mind, Flatwater Bank offers a special Christmas Club Account. This account is designed for customers to make minimal deposits throughout the year to save for holiday expenses.
Features of the Christmas Club Account include:
- Pays a great rate!
- Any dollar amount can be deposited
- Interest is credited annually (October 31st) and checks are mailed (balance of account) the 1st business day of November.
- No withdrawals are allowed
- No service charges
^On all interest bearing savings accounts, interest is accrued daily on the balance of collected funds in the account.