It's Never too Early to Start Saving!
We would like to assist you in taking an active role in your child or grandchild’s financial education. Our hope is to assist you in creating healthy money management habits in your children. We have put together a fun and educational account for your child’s financial success. Managing money is not easy but it’s important, and there is no better time to start than right now!
All YOUth accounts offer these valuable incentives:
- High Yielding Savings Account-watch their money grow!
- Quarterly coloring contests with prizes awarded
- Free Prize from the Flatwater Bank treasure chest with each deposit made
- Invitations to exclusive "club-only" events (swim party, movie, etc.)
Studies show that kids at this age learn by touching and seeing money. Kids need to see money to understand the concept.
- Kids need to put coins in jars or piggy banks and watch it grow.
- Flatwater Bank will provide piggy banks to all new YOUth savers to assist with the visual savings experience.
Introduce your child to making smart money choices
Kids ages 4-10 will be introduced to the benefits of having a savings account.
- We will provide educational material from the Dave Ramsey Company that specializes in financial education for both youth and adults. Dave Ramsey is a nationally recognized expert in financial planning.
- When your child turns four they will receive an offer for a Dave Ramsey's Teaching Kids About Money kit free of charge.
- Teaching kids they need to save to purchase items is a strong learning tool for your child.
- Each deposit registers youth to be entered into quarterly drawings for fun prizes.