to helping our customers and communities reach their full potential by putting them on the path to financial security. We are dedicated to providing educational resources, tools, and tips to help you make informed financial decisions and gain financial confidence. Here are some of the way we are helping:
Did you know:
- 68% of high school students don't understand credit scores
- 4 in 10 adults can't cover emergency expenses
- 59% of employees cite financial matters as a top cause of stress
Flatwater Bank has teamed up with EverFi, to provide financial literacy courses for kids. We believe educating students today will help them become financially responsible citizens of tomorrow. We've partnered with local middle and high schools in every community where we have a branch to offer these programs.
EverFi for high schoolers
This program equips students with tools to manage their personal finances in the real world. Whether it's applying for financial aid or the habits of establishing good credit, we've got them covered. Lessons include:
- banking basics
- income and employment
- credit scores
- Insurance and taxes
- financing higher education and more
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS NOW!
Complete EverFi for high schoolers and compete for a chance to win a $500 scholarship from Flatwater bank.
- Complete EverFi for high schoolers
- Graduating seniors in a community served by one of our branches
- Application must be received by April 1, 2021
If you did not complete the EverFi program at school, you can still participate through the Independent Study Class. Just follow these steps:Register your student account
- Go to www.everfi.com/register and click Student/Learner
- Use class registration code 62722ce5
- Enter your date of birth and your first and last name
- Make your username ____________
- Student email is optional, don't put it in unless your teacher asks you to
- Make your password _____________
- Check the box that says "I agree to the terms of service" and click finished!
Hurry! Application deadline is April 1, 2021!
Research shows that starting financial education when students are young helps build the foundation for financial health. Vault is a digital resource that introduces financial concepts. Vault focuses on critical life skills like budgeting, career planning, and healthy borrowing habits. It's an interactive, game-based learning platform that immerses students in real-life financial scenarios.
Flatwater Bank youth savings account holders receive educational material from the Dave Ramsey Company that specializes in financial education for both youth and adults. Dave Ramsey is a nationally recognized expert in financial planning. When your child turns four they will receive an offer for a Dave Ramsey's Teaching Kids About Money kit free of charge.
Join the Conversation
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more tools and tips on how to make your money work for you.