to helping our customers and communities reach their full potential by putting them on the path to financial security. We are dedicated to providing educational resources, tools, and tips to help you make informed financial decisions and gain financial confidence. Here are some of the way we are helping:
Did you know:
- 68% of High School Students Don't Understand Credit Scores
- 4 in 10 Adults Can't Cover Emergency Expenses
- 59% of Employees Cite Financial Matters as a Top Cause of Stress
Flatwater Bank has teamed up with EverFi, to provide financial literacy courses for kids. We believe educating students today will help them become financially responsible citizens of tomorrow. We've partnered with local middle and high schools in every community where we have a branch to offer these programs.
EverFi for High School Students:
This program equips students with tools to manage their personal finances in the real world. Whether it's applying for financial aid or the habits of establishing good credit, we've got them covered.
- Banking Basics
- Income and Employment
- Credit Scores
- Insurance and Taxes
- Financing Higher Education and More
EVERFI Financial Literacy Overview (for High School)
Financial Achiever Scholarships:
Complete EverFi for high schoolers and compete for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship from Flatwater Bank.
- Complete EverFi for high school students
- Graduating seniors in a community served by one of our branches
- (4) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded: (2) from Gothenburg, NE, (1) from Brady, NE, and (1) from Ansley, NE
- Attention Gothenburg seniors: Attention Gothenburg seniors: You have a new way to apply this year. Please complete Gothenburg's common application here.
- Application deadline is April 15th
Research shows that starting financial education when students are young helps build the foundation for financial health. Vault is a digital resource that introduces financial concepts. Vault focuses on critical life skills like budgeting, career planning, and healthy borrowing habits. It's an interactive, game-based learning platform that immerses students in real-life financial scenarios.
Youth Savings Accounts:
Flatwater Bank youth savings account holders receive educational material from the Dave Ramsey Company that specializes in financial education for both youth and adults. Dave Ramsey is a nationally recognized expert in financial planning. When your child turns four they will receive an offer for a Dave Ramsey's Teaching Kids About Money kit free of charge.
Join the Conversation
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more tools and tips on how to make your money work for you.