Make deposits right from the Flatwater Mobile App!
Select the item you are interested in exploring below:
To use consumer mobile deposit, install the Flatwater Bank mobile banking app on your iPhone or Android device. If you already use the Flatwater Bank mobile banking app, make sure you have the most recent update installed.
- Once in the mobile app, Mobile Deposit is accessed by selecting "Deposit Checks" from the menu.
- The first time you select "Deposit Checks" you will have to accept the terms and conditions of the Service Agreement.
- Endorse your check on the back by signing your name as normal and writing "For Mobile Deposit" under your signature. Endorsements must be made on the back of the check within 1 1/2 inches from the top edge.
- Once the "Deposits" icon is selected: Select "Make a Deposit" to make a new deposit and follow the next four steps. 1) Select "front" to take a picture of the check front. Position your phone viewfinder over the front of the check and the app will assist you in positioning the check. Take the picture (when complete you will see a Snap! message appear on your phone). 2) Select "back" to take a picture of the back of the check. Follow the same procedure as the front. 3) Enter the amount of the deposit. 4) Select the Flatwater Bank checking account you want to deposit into.
- Confirm all information and select "Review". Review the deposit details and select "Submit".
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each check you have.
- The bank will process each deposit submitted by 3 p.m. CST on normal business days. If submitted after 3 p.m. weekdays, the deposit will be processed by the end of the next business day. If submitted on the weekend or federal holiday, the deposit will be processed by 3:00 p.m. on the first business day following.
What do I do with the check once it is deposited?
By making a Mobile Deposit, you agree to never re-present the original check. Once the mobile deposit is complete, please clearly check (or print) "mobile deposit on xx/xx/xxxx date" on the back of the check. Accidental or intentional re-presentment of a Mobile Deposit item can cause Mobile Deposits to be turned off or your checking account to be closed. You understand that you are responsible if anyone is asked to make a payment based on an original check that has already been paid.
You should securely store the original check for 60 days after you've made the deposit and you have confirmed it on your bank statement. If there is a problem once we receive the deposit, we'll notify you and ask you to send your original check to the bank within 5 business days. Your account will be credited once the original check is received and confirmed at the bank. After you verify that your Mobile Deposit has cleared, dispose of the check by marking it "VOID" and destroying it by cross-cut shredding. In the end, you're responsible for the proper disposal of your check within a reasonable amount of time.
Do I need to endorse the back of my check before I take a picture?
Yes! Endorse your check on the back by signing your name as normal and writing "For Mobile Deposit" under your signature. Endorsements must be made on the back of the check within 1 1/2 inches from the top edge.
What if I forget to endorse the back of my check?
Oops! Although the software may allow your deposit to go through without the check being properly endorsed, the deposit will be returned by the bank. You will be notified via email and asked to endorse the check and redeposit it.
When will my funds be available?
If we receive your deposit before 3 p.m. on a business day, we'll credit your account by the end of the day. Deposits received after 3 p.m. (or on weekends and federal holidays) are credited to your account by the end of the next business day. Availability of funds is pursuant to Regulation CC and Flatwater Bank's applicable funds availability schedule and policies.
What items are available to deposit?
You can scan and deposit only checks and you can deposit only into your Flatwater Bank checking and savings accounts. Do not use a deposit ticket. Do not use Mobile Deposit for the following:
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e. payable to another party and then endorsed by you).
- Checks or items containing an alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check, which you know or should know are suspect, fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg CC.
- Checks or items not payable in US currency.
- Checks or items dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by Flatwater Bank's current deposit procedures or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of you Flatwater Bank account.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined by Reg. CC.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- $10,000 limit per deposit
We all make mistakes. Simply use the mobile app (or online banking) and transfer the money to the correct account once the funds are made available.
Make sure the check is laying on a flat surface in a well-lit area (on a dark background) before you take the picture. Avoid shadows such as those created by holding the camera between your item and the light source. Take a picture of only one check at a time with all four corners visible. No other objects should be visible in the photo. If you're still getting an error message, such as "image failed", you will need to mail in your check or bring it to the bank or ATM to be deposited.
When you successfully submit your check via Mobile Deposit, you'll see a "deposit accepted" message on the screen. You will also receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org that your deposit has been received by our bank and also when it has been approved. You can also verify receipt of your deposit via the mobile app or online banking (account transactions).
If an error occurs during your deposit process you will receive an error message. Or, we will contact you by phone or email within one business day if an error occurs upon receipt at the bank.
No, but you can deposit into one account and once the funds are available, make a transfer into another account.