Have you thought about using Bill Pay, but not really comfortable with it? If so, I can relate. I was in the same boat. When I started working at the bank, Marcy encouraged me to use online banking and bill pay. She kept telling me how great it was and every few weeks would ask me if I had tried it. I was leery. Why? I guess I'm old-fashioned and thought that if I was physically writing the check, I knew it was getting taken care of and would get to the person I was paying (the payee).
Finally, she convinced me and I decided to give it a try.I can't believe I waited so long! I would never go back to paying my bills by mailing checks. Here are a few reasons why I love bill pay:
- I don't pay postage. I pay at least 7-10 bills per month electronically. With traditional stamps that's $5.50 per month, for postage alone that I'm not paying. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up.
- A lot of the vendors I pay are set up to receive funds electronically, so I know that in 2 days they'll get my payment. Either way, it's easy to schedule bills and when you want them to be received.
- I use my mobile app to pay them. I don't even have to use my computer. I can easily see a history of my payees and payments.
- It's more secure. Your Bill Pay information is secure. It's encrypted to make sure you information stays private. Sending money electronically is proven to be safer than by check.
- I only enter payee information once. Bill Pay store my payees and for future payments I just enter in the amount and date I want it paid.
- I also use automatic payments. For example, I know the amount of my monthly mortgage payment, so I have it set up as an automatic payment each month. I "set it and forget it".