READY TO WORK WITH YOU...
If you are considering buying a new home, starting a home improvement project, or maybe even refinancing your existing mortgage to free up some extra income, we would love a chance to work with you. At Flatwater Bank, we pride ourselves in having a mortgage department that will take the time to sit down with you to find the best loan product to meet your financial needs. We strive to make the mortgage process hassle free.
We finance the following types of properties:
- Owner occupied
- Cabin mortgages and second homes
- Vacant land mortgages
- Investment or rental property loans
- Construction to permanent loans
- USDA rural development mortgages
All backed by:
- Local service
- Personal attention
- Traditional fixed rates available
Know your credit Profile: Nothing is more important than knowing and understanding your credit. You can get a free copy of your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com. A review might identify things that can be done ahead of time to put you in a more ideal financial situation.
Know what you can realistically afford: We like to talk to client's ahead of time to help establish what they can afford. Having a clear picture of what you are able to pay is essential and will make the entire process smoother.
Be Patient: Buying a home will possibly be one of the largest financial decisions you'll ever make. A little preparation ahead of time will allow everything to fall in place when you find the home of your dreams.
Start putting together documents that will assist in the pre-approval process. It can be overwhelming to customers that are looking for a quick turnaround time when the learn about the documents required as part of the process. Here some of the things you will need:
- Proof of income- (W-2s, recent pay stubs, etc. and if self-employed, 2 years tax returns).
- Assets- including 2-3 months of statements from checking and savings accounts, retirement, and stock/investment accounts.
- Debts-A list of all debts (a credit report will be pulled for verification) and documentation of any alimony or child support payments or other liability requirements.
- Other documents including 2-years of employment and address history, driver's license or valid State ID, and any other documents impacting your ability to pay (i.e. bankruptcy documents, gift letters, etc.)
This isn't a complete list, but it is a great start. We look forward to working with you and assisting you with your mortgage needs.
Click here to fill out an application. Please note: this is a fillable form allowing you to type your mortgage loan application. It will need to be printed/signed when submitted to the bank.
15 year versus 30 year calculator - Use this calculator to help which mortgage term is right for you. Input sample mortgage amounts and interest rates to see a comparison.